WildTangent, T-Mobile Launching Android Game Discovery Service
by Eric Caoili 
Post A Comment
June 8, 2011
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet
Social and casual gaming firm WildTangent announced a new service for discovering and playing games on Android smartphones and tablets for T-Mobile USA’s customers.
Launching later this year, the service is designed to allow T-Mobile customers to more easily discover and try Android games. Players can choose to play games for free with ads, rent them for a fraction of their suggested retail price, or purchase them.
The service will use WildTangent’s proprietary WildCoins virtual currency for in-game item purchases and rentals. It will also take advantage of the company’s BrandBoost ad platform for free game sessions and virtual goods.
“Through this new service with T-Mobile, we will give developers new options, modernizing the industry with a service model that fully monetizes game play through advertising and repeat-game-play,” says WildTangent CEO Mike Peronto.
“T-Mobile will give consumers more gaming options on Android devices and will present games in a fun, curated fashion.”